Written by Eric Stevens
Sunday, 06 January 2008
As you can see there's a new website and forum. Things work a little different, but it's not much different from any other community-driven web site.
Some notes about the site:
- Most of the site is working, but there are a few things not yet correct that I'm working on. Transferring a complex web site from one domain to another is always a challenge. I hope to have everything worked out shortly. I appreciate your patience.
- The forum user accounts have been moved over to this site. I was not able to transfer the passwords as they are encrypted with a different method than what this site uses. Use the 'Lost Password' link to the left to obtain a temporary password. Once you have the temporary password, you can log in and set a new password in your user account.
- Some members may have inadvertently received notices for new registrations with an activation link to the old test site. Please disregard these and use the 'Lost Password' link to the left instead.
- I built the site with the basic information I had. I need to fill in some areas yet. Information I still need:
- More links
- A 'Get Started in Karting' writeup
- More content ideas
- Images for various content items.
- More suitable favicon.
- Supermoto links
- I'm sure there's more...
- The old forum is still in place, just locked to disallow new posts and registrations. The posts on the old forum were not transferred to the new forum due to complexities in user permissions between the two forums; not to mention, there just aren't enough posts (80) to warrant extensive coding to facilitate the transfer. There is a link to the old forum in the Announcements section of the new forum.
- All new user registrations must be approved by an administrator. The spammer registration rate for the old forum was high enough to warrant this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- To tailor the site to your viewing needs, there are 9 accessibility buttons at the top right of the page that allow you to configure the text size, site color and page width. The wide mode is excellent for viewing the forum.
- In the weeks to come, I'll be adding a classifieds section, an image gallery and a newsletter module.
If you have any questions, you can use the forum, email me via the user's list to the left or the contact page, or use the BataviaKarters Google Group mail list, and I'll respond as soon as I can.
Last Updated ( Sunday, 27 January 2008 )